Man of Steel and The World’s End teasers, news on Captain America 2, Jurassic Park 4 updates, and more in this week’s Sunday Scoop!
- Zack Snyder takes us on a look back on how Henry Cavill won the role of everyone’s favorite cowlicked man in tights.
- A new clip For Marvel Studios newest short film, ITEM 47, is making its rounds through the Internet.
- A teaser poster for Edgar Wright’s The World’s End. Ridiculously excited for this one.
- We got a name for the Captain America sequel, and now, some interesting speculation. (POSSIBLE SPOILERS. It’s all still speculation, but don’t read if that sort of thing bothers you.)
- I wasn’t the biggest fan of Immortals, but Henry Cavill looks awesome in the teaser poster for Man of Steel revealed at Comic-Con. I’m kind of digging the darker superhero posters that have been coming out in the last couple of years, like last year’s Captain America: The First Avenger poster.
- We’ve also got a new Man of Steel teaser trailer that takes itself awful seriously, but is still pretty damn gorgeous.
- Robert Downey Jr. is the coolest dude ever, as proved when he surprised some kids in Iron Man costumes at Comic-Con.
Who do you suppose has more bling – RDJ or the kid in the sparkly Iron Man suit?
- In other Comic-Con and Iron Man related news, you can hear the audio from the Iron Man 3 press conference.
- 10 seconds of Stark Trek 2 footage!
- Exciting news for Captain America fans – Anthony Mackie is in talks to play The Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- Rumor has it that Chris Hemsworth’s landed the lead role in Steven Speilberg’s Robopocalypse.
- Producer Frank Marshall talks Jurassic Park 4. As a kid who grew up on the Jurassic Park movies and preferred plastic dinosaurs over Barbies, this is particularly exciting for me.
If you’re interested in aiding the victims of last Thursday’s Aurora tragedy, please consider donating. The victims are a part of our family of movie lovers, and I’m ending this week’s Sunday Scoop with thoughts and prayers for everyone affected by this truly devastating event.